July 2017 Newsletter
Dear Friends and Family,
Greetings from St. John’s! Another month has come and gone, giving us opportunity to reflect on the many ways that God has blessed us in that time. We are once again indebted to each of you who has prayed for us over the past month, and also for the many gifts that we received in support of our ministry at the Bible Institute of South Africa. We also give thanks to God for providing for our needs and for answering many of our prayers, from Cape Town, South Africa to St. John’s, Newfoundland:
You answer us with awesome and righteous deeds, God our Saviour, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas,
Who formed the mountains by your power, having armed yourself with strength,
Who stilled the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves, and the turmoil of the nations.
The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy. – Psalm 65:5-8 (NIV)
Here are our prayer requests for this month:
- John and Rebecca’s wedding is just a week away! Please pray for them as they begin their life together. “Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which [God] has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have laboured under the sun” (Ecclesiastes 9:9, NASB).
- Pray for safe travels for our family as we return to South Africa a few days after the wedding.
- Pray for me as I will be chairing a two day faculty retreat the day after we arrive back in Cape Town.
- Pray that the Bible Institute’s application for accreditation will be approved quickly.
- Pray that God will provide for the accumulated shortfall in our ministry account (about $10,000).
Blessings in Christ,
Tim & Kristina Churchill