Dear Friends and Family,
Happy New Year! Our first Christmas and New Year in Zambia was bittersweet. We enjoyed the new experiences here, but very much missed being together with friends and family. Meanwhile, John survived his first semester “on his own,” with lots of help from his grandparents. He even does his own laundry now! He also did very well in his studies.
Now that the holidays are over it’s time to begin thinking about getting back to our regular schedule. In Zambia the school year begins in January, so this will be the start of a new academic year at TCCA. While a new group of students will soon arrive at TCCA, two families that we know and love are departing. The Woos and Wegeners are both finishing at TCCA and moving to Lusaka to begin new ministries there.
Thank you for your faithful prayers throughout the past year. Thank you as well for all your contributions to our ministry in 2012. Please know that we don’t take your prayers and gifts for granted – they are very much appreciated!
We being the new year with two urgent needs:
- $10,000 short in our ministry account
- $800/month short of our ongoing budget
- Pray for our family:
- For Kristina, Anna, Sarah, and Katie as they begin homeschooling after the holidays, and for John as the new university semester starts
- That we will be able to make new friends here in Ndola
- That our financial needs will be met (Philippians 4:19)
- Pray for TCCA:
- For unity and for healing of relationships
- That God will provide financial support for incoming students
- That God will provide new faculty and staff to replace those who are leaving
- For me as I prepare to teach
Blessings in Christ,
Tim & Kristina Churchill