April 2011 Newsletter
Greetings in the name of Jesus! The past few months have been extremely busy as we work toward the goal of moving to Ndola, Zambia by September. We have been greatly blessed as God has answered many prayers. Here are some of the recent highlights.
Kristina and I spent the first weekend of March in Fredericton, NB, for interviews with SIM Canada leaders. This was the final step in a very extensive application process toward upgrading our status in SIM from associate membership to full membership. Following our interviews on March 5, both Kristina and I were accepted as full members with SIM Canada.
Three weekends later I returned to the Maritimes for the “Jesus to the Nations” missions conference in Halifax. As part of the SIM contingent at the conference I had the opportunity to speak to many people, including a number of friends I hadn’t seen for many years. Please pray that the contacts made during this conference will bear fruit.
The past few months have also seen many people make commitments to partner with us. We currently have 35 prayer partners, as well as 30% of our on-going monthly support and 70% of our one-time expenses. Thank you to all of our prayer and financial partners! We appreciate the sacrifices you have made to join with us to make God’s calling a reality. We still need to raise 70% of our on-going monthly support – and we know that God is faithful.
- If you haven’t already, please consider becoming a prayer partner. We covet your prayers, and we need people who will be faithful in praying for us as we seek to serve God in Zambia. If you decide to partner with us by prayer please let us know!
- If you would like to support our ministry financially, you can contact SIM (see the bottom of the page for all the details; our account number is 033186), or contact us directly.
- If you are still considering financial support but haven’t made a decision, please let us know as soon as you can. We cannot finalize our travel plans until we have commitments for 100% of our on-going support.
- If you know of anyone who might be interested in supporting us, please let us know or pass on our information to them.
Thank you also for your prayers. Please let us know if you have any prayer requests for us, because we would like to pray for your needs as well. In order that you may pray for us more effectively, here are our current prayer requests:
- TCCA and SIM Zambia. Pray for the faculty, staff, and students at the Theological College of Central Africa, as well as those already serving with SIM in Zambia, as we prepare to join them.
- Our family. Pray for the spiritual well-being of our family as we prepare to move – not only for Kristina and I, but especially for John, Anna, Sarah, and Katie as well.
- Prayer partners. Pray that God will provide at least 65 more people who will commit to praying for us regularly.
- Partners in giving. Pray that God will provide financial partners for the remaining 70% of our on-going monthly financial support.
- Open doors. Pray that God will open doors to churches and individuals that would like to partner with us.
We give thanks to God for your kindness and generosity, and we pray that God will continue to meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Do not hesitate to contact us if you would like more information about our ministry plans. Visit our website at www.timothychurchill.com/SIM (user name: tim, password: kristina) for the latest news and prayer requests, as well as pictures, videos, and our blog.
Blessings in Christ,
Tim & Kristina Churchill